/* */

MAIN PAGE

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stunning Shift In WOT As Liberals Join The Cause

Posted by a4g @ 7/12/2005 07:19:00 AM

A dramatic shift in the attitudes of New Yorkers toward the war on terror now shows broad support for the policies of the Bush Administration.

The tipping point was reached just days ago, as cellular service was cut off in the four tunnels leading to Manhattan.


"I felt trapped, like I was suffocating. Like the tunnel would be my coffin."
"Today, it finally hit home," said Joshua Brinkman, an executive V.P. in an actuary firm and frequent contributor to liberal causes. His driver frequently uses the tunnels to get him onto the island, and he describes "being cut off, mid-sentence," during a call to his wife. Several harrowing minutes passed before he was able to re-establish contact.

"I had a lot of time to think in that tunnel," Brinkman said. "I thought about my wife, my little baby girl. I work in mid-town, so I guess it didn't really seem real on 9/11. But today, just like that, my connection dropped. I guess I never really thought it would happen to me."

Brinkman paused for a long time before describing the feeling of his cell phone service dropping as being similar to "jumping off the 101st floor of a building just to get away from the searing heat of the melting steel."

Brinkman, like many of the Manhattanites to whom Point Five spoke, showed a new interest in voting Republican. "I'm definitely going to give conservatives a look. As long as they're pro-abortion and gay marriage, and don't talk about all that silly Christian stuff, I think I'll be looking for the 'R' the next time I'm in the voting booth."




Get The Real Story:
Linked on Mudville Gazette, Basil's and The Jawa Report.






4 Comments:


Comments are open and unmoderated.
Abusive, hateful or irresponsible comments were probably posted by one of the contributors.
At 7/12/2005 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony ...
"I lost signal!" "Duck and cover!"
 
At 7/12/2005 08:09:00 AM, Blogger a4g ...
Sometimes a story is so horrible, humor is our only defense.
 
At 7/12/2005 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony ...
It's a defense mechanism.
 
At 7/12/2005 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Patriot Xeno ...
Brinkman paused for a long time before describing the feeling of his cell phone service dropping as being similar to "jumping off the 101st floor of a building just to get away from the searing heat of the melting steel."



good one.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home