Military Says Flag Burning High on List of "What We Fight For"
Posted by a4g @ 6/24/2005 06:31:00 AM
A survey of 1364 officers and enlisted ranked "the right to burn the flag" high among reasons why they chose to fight for America. The survey, conducted last weekend by top pollster Daniel Mullins, asked members of all five armed forces about what motivated them to put themselves in harm's way in defense of their nation.
The top five freedoms worth protecting:
5. The right to access pornography in America's libraries
4. The right to one of America's 857,000 annual safe, legal, and rare abortions
3. The right to a living wage
2. The right to burn the flag in protest
1. The right to digitally create photorealistic images of child rape
Prof. Charles Montray of UC Berkeley explains: "It took many decades, but we've finally managed to confuse the meanings of licentiousness and liberty to the point where even staunch conservatives have accepted our definition of 'liberty' at face value. Our mind-f**k of the American people is complete."