/* */

MAIN PAGE

Friday, June 24, 2005

Dems Seeking Therapy After Rove Accuses Them of Seeking Therapy

Posted by a4g @ 6/24/2005 08:57:00 AM

Phones were ringing off the hook yesterday across Washington, D.C., as Democrat lawmakers desperately sought appointments with their therapists, after Karl Rove's speech in which he said liberals "saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers."



"I bet this speech will make my Xanax stock go up.
"A lot of feelings have been hurt," said one top Washington psychiatrist, who sees several important Democrat lawmakers. "It's important that I help my clients to really listen to Karl. What are his motivations? Why does he hate them? I'm not saying that they have to own his criticism, but they should look within themselves and ask, 'Have I created this?' It's a very healing exercise."


However, not all Democrats have run for cover. Several, such as Senators Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rodham Clinton have responded forcefully to Rove.

"This is war!" said Schumer, "And if Rove wants war, war is what he'll get. We're starting an investigation into Rove's statements, and if the facts are sufficient to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law, we will strongly consider an indictment."



Get The Real Story:

Outside The Beltway has a nice wrapup, Betsy's Page offers additional insight, Lorie Byrd is all over it.




Linked on Outside the Beltway and Mudville Gazette.






4 Comments:


Comments are open and unmoderated.
Abusive, hateful or irresponsible comments were probably posted by one of the contributors.
At 6/24/2005 03:08:00 PM, Anonymous GM Roper ...
How could it be satire? I'm a psychtherapist and I have no trouble believing that most dems got on the phone to call their therapists. :-)
 
At 6/24/2005 03:12:00 PM, Anonymous GM Roper ...
Hello, I'm GM's Conscience and I have him where you wanted him... rolling on the floor feeling oh so very guilty. Within the next five minutes, he WILL have you blogrolled and he really is sorry about his dispicable behavior. He hopes you will find it in your heart to forgive him.
 
At 6/24/2005 06:31:00 PM, Blogger Karens Korner ...
ROFL! I believe that the Dems are really doin it! I do I do ROFL!
 
At 6/25/2005 01:34:00 PM, Blogger The Cassandra Page ...
Excellent post and blog! I have just added you to my blogroll.
 

Post a Comment

<< Home